hi

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Mon Feb 23 08:02:15 PST 2009

From: "Kevin Kinsey" <kdk at daleco.biz>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:24 PM

> I think that one of FBSD's guiding principles is *correctness*
> ... or, at least, that's one of the higher values of the
> community.  By way of evidence, I present the following
> terms, used frequently in correspondence on these lists:

What I find ironic, is that the talent drifts either to fully
commercial projects, or those which are licensed under BSD - and in
many cases even both. If I want an unixlike OS that does what I need
with minimal fuss and where things are added due their merit in
improving usability/speed/stability rather results in artificial tests
the OS will be one of the BSD's. The quality of the BSD licensed
software added with the quality of documentation (Cyrus might be the
exception as the documentation goes...) just far exceeds anything else
available for free or "free".

FreeBSD might not support every gadget out there, but for the most
part, the supported selection has always been good enough for the use
I have. For that thanks go to the core team and other coders and
documentation writers as well as people testing releases and betas
without just shutting up when they hit trouble, but reporting the said
problems so they will hopefully get fixed for every user.

-Reko