ATI Radeon X600: no DRI upon X restart :-(

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at bigmir.net
Sat Feb 21 22:32:02 PST 2009

Hi,
Here's a problem. I start X from console via startx. For a long while DRI
gets initialized only if X is started practically immediately after boot
and only for the first time. Otherwise (if X is closed, then restarted,
or something has been done prior to startx) I get :

(EE) RADEON(0): [pci] Out of memory (-12)
(EE) RADEON(0): [pci] PCI failed to initialize. Disabling the DRI.

This is amd64-CURRENT,
uname -a:
FreeBSD kushnir1.kiev.ua 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #1: Wed Feb  4
08:15:51 EET 2009     root at kushnir1.kiev.ua:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KUSHNIR
amd64

NForce4 based MB (s939) Asus A8N SLI, Athlon 3000+, 512 MB RAM, Radeon
X600 PCIE.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Vladimir