Rsync | Push script

Jos Chrispijn jos at webrz.net
Sat Feb 21 05:40:22 PST 2009

Just having made a backup script that should take care of nocturnal
backup of my mySQL data from one server to my backup server.

cd /backup
DATE=`date "+%d%m%y"`
DIR=backup.$DATE

/letc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
rsync -avpog /var/db/mysql    //root at 10.10.10.50:123/usr/backup/$DATE/
/letc/rc.d/mysql-server start

It goes wrong when I run the rsync line; I run my backup thru port 123
(can be any portnumber).
10.10.10.50 is backup server on which I want to logon as root; during
script run I will fill out root password myself.

Can someone hint me in the right direction? rsync deamon is running.

Jos Chrispijn