Ports Options

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:01:50 PST 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 7:24:45 pm Pieter Donche wrote:
> At the first install of a package via the ports collection (cd
> /usr/ports/../..; make install clean), if the package provides
> configuration options, you can check these on a menu screen,
> or accept all the defaults.
>
> If later on, you want to know what the set of the options were when you
> installed a port, how to find that out? I tried
> # cd /usr/ports/<categoryname>/<portname>
> # make
> hoping to see the menu again, but it doesn't show any menu, but says:
> ===>  Found saved configuration for <portname-version>
>
> Where is that saved configuration kept ??

Under /var/db/ports/.../ in a file named "options"

[gonzalo at inferna ~]% more /var/db/ports/hplip/options
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for hplip-2.8.2_2
_OPTIONS_READ=hplip-2.8.2_2
WITH_GUI=true
[gonzalo at inferna ~]%

> How to get a menu displayed again so you can see and check the options
> you want?

"make config" or "make rmconfig" as the other posters told you, or just go
ahead and manually delete rm -f the options file prior to the "make install
clean"

Regards
--
Blessings