Well, almost back to "normal"....

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Feb 19 10:43:45 PST 2009

Guys,

Anybody know what I have to rebuild/fix to get rid of the
following error output:

Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

I had a system crash and had to reboot via using /boot/kernel.prev,
then was able to do a complete upgrade to the latest 7.1; then did a
wholesale upgrade.  After     4 days it finished.  I Did an
"X -configure" to get a new xorg . conf and thought everything was Fixed.
Still, whenever I initiate a new Konsole; whenever I ssh in from
elsewhere, I get the Xlib "missing on display 0.0" errs.        What' is
still not right?

[back to thesis.  hope some of you knows what's going on with this!

tia,

gary

    The 2.23a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php