sendmail not listening on port 465

Seur Bors seurbors at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:02:03 PST 2009

Greetings,

I'm using 7.0-RELEASE-p9, Sendmail 8.14.2 (Compiled with ... STARTTLS SASLv2
...)

I'm having problems with Sendmail. Everything is working fine, except that
the sendmail daemon is not listening on port 465.  I'm currently in a jailed
environment, and have followed the directions in Lucas's "Absolute FreeBSD
2nd Edition" (which is an amazing book by the way, and well worth the $60!),
with regards to the full jail setup, and additions for rebuilding Sendmail.
I also have Apache and Dovecot installed, which both use the self-signed
certificates for SSL without err.

my .cf has:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl

A "netstat -ap tcp" shows .submission and .smtp but no .smtps.  However,
.pop3s and .https are both also enabled, and working fine.

This leads me to believe that the certificates and what not are set-up
alright, just that I'm missing something in sendmail.  Can someone direct me
to some more reading or what I'm missing, as from what I've read thus far,
everything seems to be set up correctly?

Thanks in advance!