confontation

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Fri Feb 13 17:42:46 PST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:49:36 +0100
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> Was the font named "Symbol"? I can't remember, it's long time
> ago.

ya i think that might have been it.
there is a symbol in xfig.

> But maybe you can check and find a TTF file that can be
> imported to X and / or the application you use?

i just did that. the mathfont port isn't working, but i went to the
mathmatica site:
http://support.wolfram.com/technotes/latestfonts.en.html
and got the collection.

then i put the TTF folder from there as MATH into
/usr/local/lib/X11/font
and put this into my xorg.conf:
FontPath        "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/MATH/"

so now i have mathfonts!

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's