Weird problem with firefox

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Feb 11 12:36:03 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 06:17:27PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 17:49:08 -0600 Paul Schmehl
> <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>

> >I just uninstalled Firefox v. 2.0.0.20 and then installed firefox v. 3.0.5.
> >Which shows one firefox binary; firefox3.  Yet, when I start firefox and
> >click
> >on Help/About, it shows I'm running 2.0.0.20.  WTF?
> >
> >Anyone have a sensible explanation for this?
> >

> Never mind.  Rebooting fixed the problem.

Rebooting?  You shouldn't have had to do that.  At most, you might have
needed to restart your window manager and/or menu program.  If you were
starting Firefox from the shell, you probably just needed to enter
`rehash` to get it to recognize changes to what's in the execution path.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Sean Reifschneider: "If java had real garbage-collection, it would