please remove all search results with name Constantin Stalzer

michael copeland michael.copeland at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:22:19 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Bill Campbell <freebsd at celestial.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 01:29:34PM -0800, Chris Knight wrote:
> >
> >> Damn, that is the funniest thing I have seen in years.
> >
> >You might try posting a helpful response instead of trying
> >to be insulting.
> >
> >You might explain to the person, who apparently does not understand
> >the net, that it would be impossible to remove all references with
> >his name because within minutes of it being posted to the list
> >it is mirrored and archived in many many places over which the list
> >manager has no control - in fact does not even know about.  One example
> >of those is Google.  FreeBSD has no control over what Google stores.
> >But, there are many other sites that input this stuff, mung it according
> >to their interests and make it available on the net.
>
> Many years ago we hosted the original CDDB database (identifies
> music CDs), and I got at least one complaint from somebody whose
> name appeared in a song title saying to remove it or else.
>
> I have had people ask to remove things from the Mailman archives
> of lists we host, who backed off when I asked for my normal
> hourly rate to (a) figure out how pipermail works, and (b) deal
> with removing their messages.  I added that there are hundreds of
> people receiving these messages around the world who may have
> them archived as well, not to mention google.  I never heard from
> them again.
>
> Bill

<snip>

i'm not sure why being seen in google is a bad thing. unless you're Mark
Rich or something. If you're overly concerned, maybe you could just contact
google and they would be willing to suit you for a small fee, perhaps your
soul.

--

Marlene Dietrich  - "Most women set out to try to change a man, and when
they have changed him they do not like h...