FreeBSD 7.1 distribution DVD

Carl k0802647 at telus.net
Tue Feb 10 03:31:23 PST 2009

I've downloaded 7.1-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso and created a bootable USB
thumb drive with it. It boots up and launches sysinstall as expected.
However, when I try to launch the liveFS from the Fixit menu, it will
only look on /dev/acd0. What do I need to modify so that it will look
for the liveFS on the thumb drive?

Alternatively, since I'm using Grub as a multiboot manager, how would I
alter the FreeBSD boot configuration such that it boots the liveFS
directly instead of the primitive sysinstall-only boot option?

Carl                                             / K0802647