edit users quota in a script

Stephen Corbesero corbesero at fast.net
Sat Feb 7 09:44:03 PST 2009

Besides the -e switch to edquota as has already been mentioned, I used
to make extensive use of the -p switch to use a prototype.

For example, you could create a "fake" user (or group) named
"q-typical", assign that user the quotas for a typical user, and then
use

			 edquota -p q-typical newuser

to assign those quotas to the new user.  You could maintain several
prototypes for different classes of users or groups.

--
Stephen Corbesero                        It's always darkest
Bethlehem, PA 18015                      before pitch black.
corbesero at ptd.net