Flash9 and FreeBSD7.0 isssue

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Fri Feb 6 02:17:48 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 05:43 +0000, dhaneshk k wrote:
> Hi  list,
>

>  I followed  http://freebsd.langhans.com.pl/af/index.html
>
> To enable  flash9   support for FreeBSD7.0
>

> I  installed FreeBSD7.0 with Linux compatibility
>
> so the first step (1.3 ) I skipped
>

> second step I followed and installed  latest    firefox-devel
>

> then I installed nspluginwrapper
>

> next step     I downloaded this  ftp://greyone.tulatelecom.ru/pub/linux/adobe/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
>
> from this link http://www.filewatcher.com/m/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz.2608602.0.0.html  as adobe.com not allowing me to download it.
>

> then I untarred it    and copied  libflashplayer.so  to
> ~/.mozilla/plugins      ( I created plugins directory as there is no
> default plugins directory  in  ~/.mozilla/
>   and I invoked the nspluginwrapper         $ nspluginwrapper  -v -a -i         and  observed that it created nswrapper.libflashplayer.so
>

> but   $  nspluginwrapper -l      given me  the   the message  segmentation fault  core dumped   sig 11
>
> what I made wrong ?
>

>  I tried to restart  the firefox and   it restarted and showing message  you updated to the latest fiefox version .
>

> but when I accessed the   http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/   URL I am getting message in the   console as
>

> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
> libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
> libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>

> but find commad showing that   libdl.so.2 is ther in    /usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2
>

> # find / -name libdl.so.2
> /usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2
>

> [dhanesh]$ sysctl compat.linux.osrelease
> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2
>
> [dhanesh$ uname -a
> FreeBSD  7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008     root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>

>  any hints to  make it work most welcome..  please see this paste also  http://rafb.net/p/Yz7dBS79.html
>
> thanks in advance

Been where you are, done all that.

First, deinstall from ports emulators/linux_base-fc4 and make install
linux_base-f8. Then make install from ports www/linux-firefox,
www/nspluginwrapper and www/linux-flashplugin9. kldload linux, and mount
-t linprocfs linproc /compat/linux/proc.

Run nspluginwrapper and then run linux-firefox. Tada! All should work
now, but it can be a little unstable.

HTH.