Flash9 and FreeBSD7.0 isssue

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:55:54 PST 2009

Hi  list,

 I followed  http://freebsd.langhans.com.pl/af/index.html

To enable  flash9   support for FreeBSD7.0

I  installed FreeBSD7.0 with Linux compatibility

so the first step (1.3 ) I skipped

second step I followed and installed  latest    firefox-devel

then I installed nspluginwrapper

next step     I downloaded this  ftp://greyone.tulatelecom.ru/pub/linux/adobe/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

from this link http://www.filewatcher.com/m/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz.2608602.0.0.html  as adobe.com not allowing me to download it.

then I untarred it    and copied  libflashplayer.so  to
~/.mozilla/plugins      ( I created plugins directory as there is no
default plugins directory  in  ~/.mozilla/
  and I invoked the nspluginwrapper         $ nspluginwrapper  -v -a -i         and  observed that it created nswrapper.libflashplayer.so

but   $  nspluginwrapper -l      given me  the   the message  segmentation fault  core dumped   sig 11

what I made wrong ?

 I tried to restart  the firefox and   it restarted and showing message  you updated to the latest fiefox version .

but when I accessed the   http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/   URL I am getting message in the   console as

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

but find commad showing that   libdl.so.2 is ther in    /usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2

# find / -name libdl.so.2
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2

[dhanesh]$ sysctl compat.linux.osrelease
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2

[dhanesh$ uname -a
FreeBSD  7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008     root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

 any hints to  make it work most welcome..  please see this paste also  http://rafb.net/p/Yz7dBS79.html