Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0"

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Thu Feb 5 21:21:35 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 08:53 +0100, Alain G. Fabry wrote:
> I'm using the radeonhd driver and am getting the message also.
>
> Video card is the ati mobility radeon x1600.
>

> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 06:48:40PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
> >
> > Da Rock writes:
> >
> > >  > X is working fine here on a Radeon X1650 on 7.1-RELEASE with rnoland's
> > >  > last patch to update the kernel direct rendering support (which should
> > >  > be in 7-STABLE by now). Accellerated X works, 2D and 3D. Xv also works.
> > >
> > >  This is getting very interesting now. Based On your comments as
> > >  well as others this could be related to intel. So far all good
> > >  reports are from radeon video drivers, but I happen to be running
> > >  onboard intel videos.
> >
> > 	I'm getting this.
> > 	It appears harmless.
> > 	The machine in question has a Matrox G450.
> >

> > 				Robert Huff

Ok, got that sorted - I'd like to fill in exactly how, but I can't quite
remember what was the trick :( (I think it might have had something to
do EXA and XAA, don't hold me to it though). The error message is still
showing, but I can watch something now on xine and/or mplayer now.

Having said that, I'm still having some crashes- but thats for my new
thread... (seems appropriate)

Thanks again guys.