policykit fails to build on 7.1-stable i386

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:34:36 PST 2009

> I think "portupgrade -f p5-XML-Parser" got me over the hurdle. There was

!!!
> a file missing altho the port was installed. Forced it to build and
!!!

> reinstall and things were able to build once again.

Someone (maintainer or upstream) should be paying more attention here.
 All my systems have gone thru this problem this week.  That begins to
cross over from nuisance to something stronger in my book....I don't
like port problems that break *everything* - should have been obvious
to catch before releasing it into the wild if it breaks (at my
estimate) 20+ ports.  Same as the current X.Org 7.4 issues...we losing
our touch or something?  I like gloating to the linux people about
robustness.  Hate to give them fodder ;)

Steve