no cats at home, but system (7.0-STABLE) reboots

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Feb 3 01:33:57 PST 2009

El día Tuesday, February 03, 2009 a las 12:36:08AM -0800, perryh at pluto.rain.com escribió:

> > I'm searching for monkeys or intruders ...
>
> Brief power outage, perhaps?  Some BIOS have a selection of what to
> do when power is restored from an outage, typical choices being to
> start up, remain off, or return to the state before power was lost.
> Others may offer only the first two, or be hardwired to one of them
> with no opportunity to choose a different behavior.

note: the box is a laptop; I hit the power-off button and pulled out the
220V power cable of the power-supply from the outlet (that's why later
the laptop after 2h uptime failed with battery empty); in which power
outage you're thinking; what could re-boot the box after 36 minutes?
thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz