xorg 7.4 keyboard localisation (xorg.conf vs hal)

Daniel Bye danielby at slightlystrange.org
Sun Feb 1 09:19:36 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 05:42:39PM +0100, Sebastien Chassot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've upgrade to xorg7.4 and apparently keyboard and mouse are now
> working with hald.
>
> In xorg.conf changing "old" keybord config as no effect and I can't find
> how change it with hal. I've got  /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/* but no
> *keymap* and I don't know how build such a file.

This should get you started:

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
      <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">gb</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

Change the `gb' in the example to your local keymap name, save the file
as /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-input.fdi and restart hald.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye
                                                                     _