"Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file"

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Mon Dec 28 09:12:05 UTC 2009

Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> >To cut a long story short, I would rather continue using cvs, perhaps
> >until there is subversion-light in the base system.
>
> I use successfully cvs for the same reasons. Most of the time I use the
> French mirror and I have also used the two USA ones. I haven't bother
> with Japan and Taiwan, since they're far away. Check this out:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
>
> Most of the time(99%) anoncvs.fr.FreeBSD.org seems to be in-sync
> with the main repositories...

Are you sure you understand me? I was talking about mirroring the
whole repository with cvsup/cvsupd protocol, that's where the
"Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file" error occurs.

Actually I mirror the whole repository by cvsup from
cvsup?.ru.freebsd.org and then make it available over cvs to a bunch
of hosts at the local network. Updating every host in my network from
anoncvs.fr.FreeBSD.org or a similar server would be a waste of
bandwidth and resources.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru