Package Dependency Issue

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Dec 26 02:08:18 UTC 2009

Hi,
New to FreeBSD, it seems that in each of a few vm's I stoke up when
I try to install openvpn-auth-ldap via `pkg_add -r` I expect as per
the man page for it to pull in all the deps it needs but it seems on
any given try, it misses something different?

I have tried searching the web to figure out how to look for a package
that provides a file I need when something is missing but I am lost.

On one try, I got:

Shared object "libgssapi.so.9" not found, required by "libldap-2.4.so.6"

and I couldn't find what provided this? I see cyrus-sasl2 provides a v2?

On another install it complained over a myriad of krb5 and tasn1 libs etc...

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks,
jlc