Help building/running SDL/OpenGL code

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Wed Dec 23 17:48:34 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 06:36:19 Richard Mace wrote:

> So, it appears that there is some conflict between the mesa libraries
>  (which I need to #include to build the code) and the NVIDIA-supplied
>  libraries, or am I on the wrong track?
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this? I've spent quite some time on what
>  first appeared to be a fairly trivial task and I am eager to see how this
>  runs under FreeBSD.

If you want to run any OpenGL code with nvidia-driver you will need to
reinstall the driver after every:
- kernel update
- update of x11-servers/xorg-server
- update of graphics/libGL*

There may be exceptions, but they're not worth figuring out or remembering.

In your case you may actually have a problem with math code in libm.so.3 vs
libm.so.5, but I doubt it's the case as no OpenGL app that I encountered has
one.
--
Mel