Any chance ZFS becoming default?

Ed Jobs oloringr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:34:27 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19 December 2009 22:26, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> Don't spread FUD please. If you had read the WIKI you would know it talks
> about sysinstall support for ZFS, not about removing UFS.

i'm sorry if my mail was misleading. we have no idea how it will be
implemented. my guess is that both ufs and zfs would be available through
sysinstall, but then again, unless we see the final implementation nothing is
sure.

On the original topic: zfs does not have the "experimental" tag since 8.0. it
would not be normal to add sysinstall support (and even more setting as
default) in a feature that was experimental. So of course it was pushed to 9

--
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to
understand.