MF626 3g modem

Mark mmumby at xtra.co.nz
Sat Dec 19 02:15:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been trying to get this device working as a 3g modem but it also has memory slot for MMC card.

When it is plugged in it only sees the memory card -

 port 6 addr 2: high speed, self powered, config 1, ZTE CDMA Technologies MSM(0x2000), ZTE, Incorporated(0x19d2), rev 0.00
   umass0

I have booted without umass loaded and i get ugen0. From posts on the internet the modem is meant to come up with 0x0031 device code. I have put the device into usbdevs and added it to ubsa.c.

But i think until i can get it to see the modem, it will always come up as a cd drive.

Any help appreciated.

pabx# uname -a
FreeBSD  6.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE #6: Sat Dec 19 13:34:39 NZDT 2009     :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/noumass  i386

Thanks

Mark