Confusion About "FreeBSD now supports host and guest modes in VirtualBox"

Ryan Ware ryan.ware at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 05:08:04 UTC 2009

Maybe someone here can distribute some enlightenment.  In the press
release for 8.0 it says, "FreeBSD now supports host and guest modes in
VirtualBox".  I understand what the host mode support is with the
VirtualBox port.  What I don't understand is what support for guest mode
is.  I don't see anything anywhere about guest additions.  As far as I
can tell, guest support seems to consist of simply allowing the kernel
to run in VirtualBox.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ryan