8.0: OpenSSL stat()'s NLS 500+ times causing extreme system load

Linda Messerschmidt linda.messerschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:16:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown at ru.ac.za> wrote:
> It can also be enabled separately in nagios's main config file -
> child_processes_fork_twice is the option to look for.

Actually I had never seen that before. :)  I added this setting
immediately and it definitely cut the CPU usage down, but the load
average went way up.  No doubt that's because a lot of processes that
don't live long enough for load average accounting for no longer
exist.

I'm a lot more interested in CPU usage than load average, so it's a
big win for me. :)

Thanks!