Re-compiling PHP changes server responsiveness

Ian Fitzgerald ianf at ozemail.com.au
Wed Dec 16 03:48:00 UTC 2009

Recently upgraded (fresh install) FBSD 8, including MySql, Apache22,
phpMyAdmin, KDE4 Gnome2.26 from DVD iso.
Running ok as test server, but unusual error from added, complex CMS
prompted me to re-install PHP5 and PHP5-extensions as pkg_add -r (using
ports files from iso), then with no success, compiling them (using ports
files from iso), with slightly different make config.

Now server does not respond, either to 'localhost' request on its
browser, or specific address request from another machine on local network.

I assume re-compiling PHP would not clobber hosts or resolv.conf (they
look ok).

I get: "[warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed to enable the
'httpready' Accept Filter, and no new errors in
/var/log/httpd-error.log" four times

Tried adding accf_http="YES" to /boot/loader.conf, and re-booting of course.

Tried refreshing ports (inital re-compile attempt failed with make
complaining that postgres-client had been marked invalid - when will
someone fixit?), and re-compiling apache22 => no change.

ps -auxc: no httpd.

FF3 under Gnome on the machine fetches external pages, of course (using
router DNS).

What else should I look at?

--

ianf <http://www.metapixeldesigns.com>