Downloading and Burning Free BSD

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:45:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Roger Agraviador
<diminished5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I clicked the ISO link and I was brought to a directory, this to be exact (
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.2/)
>
> Once I have downloaded all Iso Images do I burn the 'boot only.iso' file on
> one DVD or CD only? or do I burn that along with 'disc1.iso', and how do I
> go about burning the rest of the files in that directory once I have
> downloaded them?

As others have pointed out, disc1 will get you started and, as long as
you have an internet connection, you should be able to get the rest
(without the other discs). The install will take you through the
process.

Perhaps you should look at the handbook to familiarize yourself with
the install procedures.

www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/install.html