build a port that depends on Java

Anh K. Huỳnh xkyanh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 02:57:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am going to build a port (named `vue`, http://vue.tufts.edu/) that depends on Java libraries but I don't know how to set the dependencies (the RUN_DEPENDS variable in `Makefile`). I know some kinds of Java and don't know which one should be used. At least, Vue works well with OpenJDK6.

Another problem is that the original file for port is in `.zip` format. As far as I know `.zip` isn't natively supported in FreeBSD. Should I convert that file to `.tar.gz` format and redistribute in my site (instead of using file from VUE master site?). Though using "EXTRACT_DEPENDS=unzip:${PORTSDIR}/archivers/unzip" is possible I think such usage is so expensive :)

Thank you for your helps,

Regards,

--
Anh K. Huynh