lxde

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnoni at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:04:05 UTC 2009

hello,

I installed the lxde-meta in a new FreeBSD 8.0 i386 machine, but when
I start it (via "exec startlxde" in ~.xinitrc) only a black desktop
appears with no panel or menu bars.  Right-clicking on the desktop a
*very* minimal menu appears (basically containing xterm, firefox and
the file manager). I was wondering whether this is the intended
behavior or I am missing something...
Does anyone know how to get the panel up?  Also, I don't think
lxterminal is present in the ports... is there any plan to include it?

thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions

regards

  giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Pagnoni