binary upgrade 6.2

David Rawling djr at pdconsec.net
Wed Dec 2 12:55:07 UTC 2009

Alex Huth wrote:

>I am trying to upgrade a 6.2-RELEASE to 6.4-RELEASE, but `freebsd-update -r
>6.4-RELEASE upgrade` is not available in this version. Can i upgrade this or
>do i have to go the old way? Unfortunately the `pkg_add -r cvsup` does not
>find the package for it.

Might it be possible to install the csup port from /usr/ports/net and use that
instead of cvsup? IIRC it's compatible with cvsup and uses the same config, but
does not require M3 etc.

Another option might be pkg_add -r csup, or the cvsup-without-gui port.

Dave.
--
David Rawling
PD Consulting and Security