Wanting to buy a laptop w/ FreeBSD, AND...

compcent at mail.com compcent at mail.com
Tue Dec 1 04:46:06 UTC 2009

Hello - I found the?"freebsd - hardware" ?list.? Where is the freebsd-software list?? I'm sending this to
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
?
I would like to buy a new or dependable used laptop.??Initially, most of my questions are concerning?software.??
For hardware, I would like a HP laptop, as?HP is my personal favorite.?
?
I prefer WP5.1 as a word processor.? I like to work on websites and to post to internet forums.??I want to be
?able to work with graphics, music, and videos, and to be able to watch movies (and TV).?
?
1.)? Hewlett-Packard laptop????? 2.)? FreeBSD as a OS????? 3.)? No MS?software or programs??
?4).? WordPerfect 5.1????? 5.)? DOS partition????? 6.)? ? SBIE /FreeBSD ?live CD ???????7.)? Computer Shops ?
?
What are my options concerning WordPerfect 5.1...?? Would WP 5.1 run on FreeBSD?? Or,
would I need to run WP5.1 on a DOS partition?? If WP5.1 was on a DOS partition, could I readily
move the WP text files to the internet browser, to easily post them onto internet websites and forums??
?
Or, would I have to buy a new version of WordPerfect?? There was one of the newer versions that a person could
run in a WP5.1 mode.???
?- - - - -
?
7.)? Computer Shops
?
My first contact is with a computer tech in Placerville, CA (El Dorado County)
MACKENDRICK COMPUTERS = http://www.rmack3.com/main.htm
?
He is very experienced w/ Linux, but not with FreeBSD.?
?
I am looking for someone who is experienced with FreeBSD and is readily available for
answering questions / troubles, at least 5 days a week.?? Are there any FreeBSD techs
in El Dorado County CA, or in the Sacramento area.? I would prefer to avoid to have to
travel to The Bay Area.??
?
My next considerations are "Best Buys / Geek Squad".???Or, Fry's Electronics at
Northgate & I-80 ?in Sacramento.???
?
Please Reply to:?? compcent at mail.com
?