linux_base installation - missing rpm binary

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Aug 28 12:15:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:54:05 +0400 Jeff Laine wrote:

> I've unpacked my apps under /compat/linux tree but my binary requires
> shared X libraries:

> >nsdexec: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot
> >  open shared object file: No such file or directory

This library is a part of x11-toolkits/linux-gtk2 port.

> >error while loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared
> > object file: No such file or directory

> I've tried to install x11/linux-f10-xorg-libs port

Good.

> but brandelf tells me

As I've wrote at my previuos email, brandelf should be used
only with binary executives. Don't use it for libraries.
You have been warned! ;-)

> they are BSD-binaries incompatible with my linux stuff. And thus my app
> can't start complaining on incompatibilities if I tune lib paths.

You should not tweak paths untill absolutely needed (and if you
really understand what you do). Lunuxulator should DRT if a needed
library is present. In case of errors submit them here (or better
even to freebsd-emulation@ ML, since more people may help there).

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve