ATI HD 4550 xorg.conf "radeon" driver

Mark Stapper stark at mapper.nl
Thu Aug 27 08:02:19 UTC 2009

Jeronimo Calvo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am setting up a fresh installation of Freebsd on a EMT64 machine...
> everything is working smooth so far, but im wondering some things about the
> 3D support from my graphic card, i bought that card few weeks ago (stupid me
> i didnt read about ATU support under FreeBSD before...) but btw i can not
> step back... Im trying to get 3D aceleration for that card... noticed that
> after setting up X11 xorg.conf... Driver used is "radeon", I'd been reading
> about the possibility of using others... what is the best option? I noticed
> that im unable to set activate the desktop affects, that makes me wonder...
> that 3d is not working properly innit??
>
> Can somebody help me with this??
>
> Cheers fellas!

Hello,

In order to help you we need some more information regarding your system
and setup.
First of all: which hardware are you using exactly? Most importantly the
make and model of you graphics card.

Second: which version of FreeBSD are you using? Preferably, post the
output of the following command:
uname -a

Besides that I would give the redeonhd driver a go.
I don't have much experience with these though, As i have an Nvidia card
(amd64 support please!! :'( )
Greetz,
Mark