what www perl script is running?

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Aug 25 14:42:04 UTC 2009

Ruben de Groot wrote:

> Which is exactly what the rogue perl script was using to connect to it's
> "home".
> Once established this connection could have been used for allmost
> anything,
> including downloading other malicious software or setting up a tunnel into
> your LAN.

Well, the box (also) serves as my DSL gateway, as I indicated above. How
would I be able to use various desktop programs like Skype which dynamically
set up their own outgoing ports?

However, I am perfectly willing to entertain the idea that using a
(web)server as a router is a Bad Idea. However, when I set it up, it just
seemed more convenient and flexible.

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam