Equivilant of 'lsmod'

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 20:58:43 UTC 2009

On Mon 24 Aug 2009 at 12:44:38 PDT Dunc wrote:
>Dan Nelson wrote:
>> In the last episode (Aug 24), Jerry said:
>>> What is the equivalent of the Linux 'lsmod' command in FreeBSD?
>>
>> Remember to actually describe what you want, rather than just giving the
>> linux command.  To list the loaded kernel modules, run kldstat.
>>

>I think he wanted to know what the equivalent of the Linux 'lsmod'
>command is.

Is kldstat 100% semantically congruent with lsmod?  I.e., are there
things you can do with lsmod that you can't with kldstat?

A quick comparison of the manpages will probably give the answer, but it
will save everyone some time if the OP explains what he wants to do that
he would have used lsmod for if this were Linux.

Besides, not everyone here is familiar with Linux and not everyone wants
to spend any time learning it.  Just giving the Linux command for
something means you're unnecessarily narrowing down the number of people
who can give you an answer.