Accidentally moved /libexec/ld-elf.so.1

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Aug 21 23:53:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:28:47 -0400, Stew Houston <stewhouston at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, being the blundering newbie I am, I was
> working in the /tmp directory, which seems to have been cleared (or is empty
> for whatever reason in the current state.)

Cleaning the /tmp directory at startup usually is controlled
via an /etc/rc.conf setting: it's clear_tmp_enable="YES".

As far as I got from searching for "ld-elf" related stuff,
a command like

	# cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf
	# make install

could do the trick. But I haven't checked this, and I am
not sure.

> If it has been wiped, my
> ld-elf.so.1 file has been wiped with it.  What to do?

If your source tree is still intact, you could install it from
there.

It may be possible that the system doesn't run "well enough" to
perform this task. In such a case a live file system could help
you, e. g. the FreeBSD rescue system or a FreeSBIE bootable CD.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany