[OT] Vim mailing list

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Thu Aug 20 04:12:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 01:59:05AM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Steve Bertrand<steve at ibctech.ca> wrote:
> > Apologies up front for the off-topic'dness.
> >
> > I'm thoroughly enjoying my new editor, and swiftly learning and
> > experiencing the benefits. As a matter of fact, nearly everywhere I
> > type, the common commands come naturally, and I get frustrated that all
> > of my software doesn't work like vi does :)
> >
> > Getting to the point, I'd like to find a vi(m) community, but the list
> > subscribe that appears authoritative for vim-users bounces. I despise
> > and refuse to belong to web forums.
> >
> > Given that, where can I go to follow vim discussions, without having to
> > bring it up OT here on my favourite list?
> >

> Hi, Steve
>
> Google has a Vim group.  I'm not sure if you need a Google account or not.
>
> And, of course, there's this one: http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

I'm a member of that list which is a straightforward mailing list
AFAIK (Disclaimer: I do have a google account but I can't remember if
that was necessary to sign up).

I've found it a very helpful list and I've learnt a lot being
subscribed to it despite being a +10yr user of vim. Even Bram Molenaar
posts there occasionally.

Recommended reading.

> Regards,
>

> --