Intel 5100 agn driver

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:50:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé<martinrame at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, does anyone knows if the driver for the Intel 5100 agn included in many new notebooks is ready to use in 7.2-STABLE for amd64?, if not, at least i'm looking for some pointers to creating a ndis wrapper for its WinXP driver.

Hi, Leonardo

I'm in the same situation you are in.  Regarding an official driver,
there is not anything available (yet).  The last post I saw in the
-net archives mentions the driver was not currently being worked on (I
do not know how much truth this holds now).

Regarding ndis/ndisgen, I was able to create a module in 7.2-RELEASE
and 8.0-BETA2, however both caused panics (which I was unable to get
cores on - mostly because of time constraints).  As expected, your
results may vary.

--
Glen Barber