VIrtualBox install of 7.2 dvd

John Francis Lee jfl at robinlea.com
Sat Aug 15 15:34:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got a new machine, a linux ubuntu-running AMD64 based one, and thought
I'd try out FreeBSD here at home. But when I begin the VirtualBox
installation I get dumped into a shell-looking terminal with an OK
prompt. I can't read all the instructions and frankly cannot do anything
with it. I tried hitting the 2 before the timeout to boot with ACPI
disabled but that seems not to make any difference.

Have you heard of this problem before?

Any help you might give appreciated.

Thanks.

I'll go see if the VirtualBox people can shed any  light on the matter
as well.

--
John Francis Lee
1025/37 Thanon Jet Yod