ATI Radeon HD3450 on FreeBSD 7.2

Sabine Baer baerks at t-online.de
Sat Aug 15 06:39:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:35:37 +0200, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Ricky Tompu Breaky<ricky.breaky at uni.de>
wrote:
Dear my friends,

I just installed FreeBSD 7.2. But its xserver always hung-up (suddenly
stop working), only the GUI which suddenly stops working once I execute:
"
startx
".
I can see the GUI but I can not do anything on it. I can not click
anything and I can not type nothing on it.

My computer use ATI Radeon HD3450.

But the kernel still works as the xserver stops working because if I do
"CTRL-Alt-F1/F2/F3/F?" then I can see the login prompt console.

What should I do to solve this problem?

I added the following to xorg.conf to fix the problems I had:

Section "ServerFlags"
	option	"AutoAddDevices"	"off"
	option	"AllowEmptyInput"	"off"
EndSection

That all didn't work for me.

I added
hald_enable="NO"
dbus_enable="NO"
to /etc/rc.conf and InputDevices are still in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
Now it seems to work (except for [Ctrl-Alt-Backspace])

Sabine