Trying to Install Man Page

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Aug 10 20:59:52 UTC 2009

There is a test man page I am trying to install and the system
is not finding it. I put it in /usr/local/man/man1 and think
I should at least get complaints about the page as it is the
start of a man page, not the whole thing. I named it testpage,
compressed it with gzip and when I type

man testpage, it just says that there is no manual entry for
testpage.

	Is there a data base I forgot to remake after adding the
page? I did make sure the ownership and permissions are the same
as other pages in the directory. I also did a man on one of the
other pages in that same directory and it came right up. Thank
you.

Martin McCormick