please help to uninstall FreeBSD!!!

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Mon Aug 10 20:42:58 UTC 2009

Raisa Brokhshtut wrote:

> My old desktop has FreeBSD that I have never used. One of the friends of my son installed it long ago, but no one used that PC since then. Now I want to get rid of this program and to install Windows. Every time when I boot this PC it prompts for a user login which I don't know. This guy who intalled FreeBSD is not around anymore.
>
> Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you would guide me how to uninstall that program. I don't have windows reskue cd. So I want to completly remove that FreeBSD from my PC and to install the Windows operating system from CD.

Simply boot the Windows install cd and install, no need to uninstall
FreeBSD first. If the system doesn't boot the cd booting from cd is
possibly disabled in the bios or set as second boot option. Check the
bios that the system tries to boot from first from cdrom then hard disk.

BR, Erik

--
Erik Nørgaard
Ph: +34.666334818/+34.915211157                  http://www.locolomo.org