vsftpd with ssl - compile option

Stefan Miklosovic miklosovic.freebsd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:31:28 UTC 2009

hi,

I would like to use vsftpd with ssl support.
If I install it from ports, there is an option to
compile it against ssl librarie(s) (VSFTPD_SSL)
If I download it by pkg_fetch and extract the package
and use ldd on vsftpd in libexec directory,
there is no ssl library, in complied way, there are some.

        libssl.so.5 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.5 (0x280b0000)
        libcrypto.so.5 => /lib/libcrypto.so.5 (0x280f1000)

I would like to use that program on other computer, but there
is not port tree and installing of port tree is really not an option.

how to handle this?

thank you