GNU Tar and -T option

Jay Hall jhall at socket.net
Sat Aug 8 21:31:50 UTC 2009

Has anyone had any luck using the -T option with GNU tar 1.16.1?

I am using the following command line.

/usr/local/gtar/bin/tar -c -T filelist -f - | dd of=/dev/nsa1 obs=128k

And, I am receiving the following error message.  This happens whether
I use the -T option or --files-from=.   If I remove these options, the
command runs fine.

tar: --: (PROGRAM ERROR) Option should have been recognized!?
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.

I have also tried placing the -T after the -f - and receive the same
error message.

Any suggestions concerning how to correct this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay