Boot failure

Identry identry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 20:56:06 UTC 2009

> Well, something got worse. After running fsck_ffs with no errors, I
> tried to boot the machine. It got to the point where it printed:
>
> <snip>
> Booting from BIOS Partition 0
> PS2 keyboard detected
> PS2 mouse detected
>
> and it just hangs at that point.

Worse and worse... The machine won't boot from the CD anymore. I can't
even get it into SETUP. It just hangs on this screen: (I had hit F2 to
enter setup)

Version 1.17.1057 Copyright 2005-2007 American Megatrends, Inc
Entering SETUP....
Bios Version: S5000.86B ... etc
Platform ID: S5000PAL
8 GB system memory found
Current Memory Speed: 667 MT/s (333 MHz)
Intel Xeon CPU   E5345  @ 2.33Ghz
Intel Xeon CPU   E5345  @ 2.33 Ghz
Booting from BIOS Partition 0
PS2 keyboard detected
PS2 mouse detected
<hang>

The same thing happens if I don't hit F2, except it says Hit F2 to
enter SETUP at the top.

Well... I guess we are back to hardware problem? I'm not sure what
else to try at this point.

-- John