Mouse still crashes with Synaptics

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Thu Aug 6 20:46:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 04. Aug 2009, 13:26:24 +0200 schrieb Bertram Scharpf:
> an Acer notebook with a Synaptics Touchpad makes some trouble
> here.

This is a real mess. Nobody gives me any help and I do not know
what to try any further. I reduced the problem to the following
behaviour:

  # dd if=/dev/bpsm0 bs=3 | xxd -c 3
  # dd if=/dev/bpsm0 bs=3 | od -x         # alternative

This prints out 30 to 100 lines while I move my finger around the
touchpad. Then the output stops. When I press Ctrl-C and restart
the command, I get about 30 to 100 lines again.

Moused and any other program that reads /dev/psm0 yield the same
behaviour.

I tried FreeBSD 6.4, 7.0 and 7.2. It is the same with all three of
them. They were all virgin; I just unpacked the base distribution
and the generic kernel.

As there is nobody out there who likes to help me could at least
anyone point me to a documentation how to debug the kernel driver?
Or could at least anyone point me to a list where I can get help
with severe kernel problems?

I have to solve it with 7.2 as the previous versions don't
recognize the network card.

kernel
list

--