sshd and dhcp bind to specific address

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:29:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Stefan
Miklosovic<miklosovic.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> my pc gets ip address from dhcp server,
> but on my pc, there is running
> sshd.
>
> I want to make ssh to listen to only one
> ip address, but if ip changes due to dhcp,
> ssh server do not work properly.
>
> I know, that dhcp is able to assign ip address
> to client from some range e.g. 192.168.0.1-254
> It is possible to do the same with ssh in case
> that it is not possible to do it only with one ip?

Is this a local network, inside 192.168.0.0/24 ?  Are you able to
configure a static IP for this machine?

If not, I wrote a little script that runs every 15 minutes via cron(8)
which gets my IP address, performs a diff(1) against a static file
containing the current IP.  If the IP is different, it mails me the
new IP.  However, this assumes t hat outside access is the problem,
not internal access.

--
Glen Barber