Weird networking issue

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 23:16:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Glen Barber<glen.j.barber at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 2:
> 1.) Bad NIC
> 2.) Bad CPU
>
> A while back, I found out I had a bad CPU after replacing everything
> else on the machine -- I would still receive CRC mismatch errors with
> portsnap(8).
>
> The NIC is more probable IMHO, but both should be suspect here.

Now that I think about it... Do you do regular builds?  Can you try to
'buildworld' (assuming you can get csup to pull the source tree?

If CPU is the problem, you may experience random SIGSEGV errors when
running the buildworld.  If it fails in different areas of the build,
this is most likely (from my experience) the problem.

--
Glen Barber