Looking for fast graphical web browser

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 02:41:26 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 02:32:49AM -0400, Daniel Underwood wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fast graphical web browser?  I use Firefox
>> (because every page displays well and I can sync bookmarks), and I
>> also use elinks (when graphics don't matter).  I'm looking for some
>> middle ground, a browser that can display most sites well but is
>> faster (or more lightweight) than Firefox.  (Note: I tried dillo, but
>> it doesn't display most sites well enough.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

That seems to a logical suggestion given that I'm (we are) not sure
what you are looking for. "~Firefox is too slow and dillo doesn't
display most websites . . . well enough~" is a bit tough to parse
(specifically, to your needs).

I find ff to be good enough, as far as your requirements are
concerned, as well as IE (ugh!).