how to install vmware-server on freebsd 7.1

Mail d_mashenkin at mail.ru
Thu Apr 30 03:16:20 UTC 2009

Good day to everybody,
I have a problem with installation vmware-server 2 for linux on my
freebsd 7.1. i install it from rpm. before it, i installed
linux_base_f9, load linux.ko, mount linprocfs.
When i run sudo rpm -i --ignoreos --dbpath /lib/var/rpm --root
/compat/linux vmware-server.XXXX.rpm i get this:
/bin/sh is needed to vmware-server.XXXX.rpm,
but there`s /bin/sh and /compat/linux/bin/sh.
What does it mean, and what i need to do to resolve this problem?

Dmitry