make installworld is failing

Steven Friedrich StevenFriedrich at InsightBB.com
Tue Apr 28 17:45:42 UTC 2009

It's trying to install zh locale stuff.

In make.conf, I set DOC to en_something, so why is it doing other languages?

This has been occurring for a short while and I've been getting around
it with make -k installworld. But that no longer works.

I'm tracking the 7.2 (RELENG_7).

Here's an excerpt from the log:

===> share/timedef (install)
install -C -o root  -g wheel -m 444  nb_NO.ISO8859-1.out
/usr/share/locale/nb_NO.ISO8859-1/LC_TIME
install: /usr/share/locale/nb_NO.ISO8859-1/LC_TIME: Too many levels of
symbolic links
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/share/timedef.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/share.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I am able to work around this issue by placing WITHOUT_LOCALES=yes in
/etc/src.conf, but I hate to do that 8o)

Any ideas?
--

Steven Friedrich
Lexington, KY 40509